Ace Your Game: How to Choose the Right Volleyball Gear for Maximum PerformanceMar 22, 2023
What TO have and What NOT to have
If you're serious about volleyball, you know that having the right gear is crucial. Not only does it help you perform at your best, but it can also protect you from injuries and ensure that you're comfortable throughout the game.
In this article, we'll go over some of the most important factors to consider when choosing volleyball gear, including shoes, apparel, and accessories. Whether you're a beginner, a seasoned pro, a beach competitor or an indoor player, these tips will help you make the right choices for your needs. As always, the right volleyball gear will be essential when starting our Complete Player Program, the world's best online volleyball training course.
Shoes for Indoor Volleyball
First and foremost, let's talk about shoes. While Beach volleyball does not require shoes, Indoor Volleyball requires a lot of running, jumping, and quick lateral movements as well, so you'll want to look for shoes that provide support, stability, and traction.
Some key features to consider include:
- Lightweight construction: You don't want your shoes to weigh you down or make you feel like you're dragging your feet.
- Cushioning: Look for shoes with ample cushioning to absorb shock and protect your feet from impact.
- Breathability: With all the sweat, your feet can get pretty hot and sweaty during a game. Shoes with breathable mesh uppers can help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Traction: Volleyball courts can be slippery, so you'll want shoes with good traction to prevent slips and falls.
Some popular options for volleyball shoes include the ASICS Gel-Rocket, Mizuno Wave Lightning, and Adidas Ligra. However, keep in mind that everyone's feet are different, so what works for someone else may not work for you. Be sure to try on several different pairs and walk around in them before making a decision.
Next up, let's talk about apparel. When it comes to volleyball, you want clothes that are lightweight, breathable, and allow for a full range of motion. Look for fabrics that wick away sweat and dry quickly to keep you comfortable throughout the game.
Some popular options for beach volleyball apparel include:
- Tank tops: A lightweight tank top allows for maximum mobility and ventilation.
- Shorts: Look for shorts with a stretchy, moisture-wicking fabric and a comfortable waistband that won't dig in or slide down.
- Compression gear: Compression shorts or tights can provide additional support and help prevent muscle fatigue.
Finally, let's talk about accessories. While they may not be essential, certain accessories can make a big difference in your comfort and performance on the court.
Some useful accessories for volleyball players include:
- Sunglasses: Not only do sunglasses protect your eyes from the sun, but they can also help reduce glare and improve visibility on the sand courts.
- Hats or visors: A hat or visor can help keep the sun out of your eyes and prevent sweat from dripping down your face.
- Knee pads: If you're diving for balls or playing on a hard court, knee pads can provide crucial protection and cushioning for indoor volleyball.
- Volleyball bag: A dedicated volleyball bag can help you keep all your gear organized and easy to transport. There are some specifically made for carrying all the volleyball essentials.
Check out all of our STAFF PICKS for the recommendations of our professional coaches, players, and more. After you have all the perfect volleyball gear, head over and check out our Complete Player Program. This online volleyball training course offers comprehensive training in beach volleyball, including techniques, explanations, and drills for every aspect of your game.
Fix the holes in your game!
- Maximize your strengths!
- Make noticeable progress every week!
- Learn the game anywhere, anytime with or without a partner!
We'll guide you through a proven path to rapidly improve every aspect of your game.